Use the internet
Go to the King Island Online Access Centre to use a computer and get online. It will cost $2 per hour.
The centre has free Wi-Fi for you to use with your mobile or laptop.
If you need help connecting to the Wi-Fi network, just ask the centre staff.
Get help to do things online
For a small fee, staff and volunteers at the Online Access Centre can help you to:
- Use your device, such as phones, tablets and digital cameras
- Help with email
- Search the internet
- Use social media
- Buying and selling online
- Scanning and CD burning
The centre asks for a donation for technical support provided.
Visit or phone the Online Access Centre to book help.
Attend a digital help session
Ask Online Access Centre staff how to go to a digital help session. Small fees apply. Examples of topics are:
- Computer maintenance, such as updates and virus protection
- Google maps and LISTmap
- Online storage
- Free Be Connected sessions for over 50s
- TasTAFE delivered programs such as Computer Foundations
- Help with using a new device
If there is something you are interested in learning, the centre can also design a course to meet your needs.
Visit or phone the Online Access Centre to find out more.