Use the internet for free
If you have a mobile device you can get online for free using the Tasmanian Government Free Wi-Fi network available in Burnie.
The service is available in the following locations:
- in the area around the payphone on the corner of Alexander and Wilmot Street
- in the area around the payphone at 30 Wilmot Street
- in the area around the payphone at 42 Wilson Street
- at the Telstra Shop, 7 Wilson Street.
You can get online by connecting your Wi-Fi to the "TasGov_Free" network and accepting the terms and conditions.
You can get 30 minutes free Wi-Fi per location per device per day.
How do I connect?
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device by turning it on in your device settings
- Look up your available Wi-Fi networks on your device
- Select TasGov_Free from the list
- Accept the terms & conditions
- Enjoy 30 minutes free Wi-Fi per location per device
More frequently asked questions are available here on the Free Wi-Fi website